LOWLANDS UNDER-20 DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE
TERMS OF REFERENCE AND PRINCIPLES
- This combination of clubs participating at Under-20 age level shall be known as “The Lowlands Under 20 Development League” hereinafter referred to as the “Under 20 Development League”. This name may from time to time be changed in terms of any sponsorship agreement or agreements that may be concluded.
- The Objects of the Lowlands Under 20 Development League shall be to:-
2.1 Foster and develop the game of Association Football for talented youngsters at Under 20 Development level.
2.2 Establish a development and competitive structure for the best young players in the Lowland/East of Scotland Football League/South of Scotland/West of Scotland areas at Under-20 age levels.
2.3 Provide a series of competitive matches at this age level between clubs in membership of the Lowland/ East of Scotland Football/ South of Scotland/West of Scotland Leagues and invited clubs.
2.4 Establish a properly co-ordinated training and development structure.
2.5 Provide a good standard of training and playing facilities.
- Membership shall be open to the Under-20 Development teams of all the clubs in membership of the Lowland / East of Scotland / South of Scotland Football and West of Scotland Leagues (The 4 leagues) and any club which has applied to join the 4 leagues, along with invited clubs who are Full or Registered Members of the Scottish Football Association Ltd. There can at no time be less than half of the participating Clubs which are either Full or Associate Members of the Lowland / East of Scotland / South of Scotland Football and West of Scotland Leagues.
Participating Clubs will be required to complete a Membership Return Form, obtainable from the Development League Secretary, and this must be completed in full and returned to the Development League Secretary by 15th June. The annual subscription to the under 20 Development League will be £100 and this must be received by the under 20 Development League Treasurer by 5pm on 15th June in any year.
3.1 Any club that fails to complete its fixtures for the season, once the matches have commenced, will be liable for a £250 fine which must be paid within 14 days from the date the Development League secretary has been notified in writing of the club’s decision to withdraw. If the club decides to apply to enter the league the following season, or any future season after that, then it will be liable to pay a bond of £500 which will be repaid at the end of that season provided it has completed all its fixtures. No such bond will apply to the club for any season after that provided it completes all its fixtures.
3.2 Clubs that have a poor disciplinary record in any season will be cited to appear before the Development League’s sub committee and the sub committee has the right to place a sanction or sanctions against said club
- The Under 20 Development League shall be governed by The Board of the Scottish Lowland Football League who shall have full powers in all matters relating to the League. The Board shall delegate the administrative affairs of the Under 20 Development League to a Sub-Committee comprising of one Lowland Board member, Under 20’s Secretary and 6 other members from any of the Clubs participating in the Under 20 Development League.
Decisions of the Sub-Committee shall be binding on all participating clubs, subject to the right of appeal in the first instance to The Board of the Scottish Lowland Football League and subsequently under the provisions of the current Appeals procedure of the Scottish Football Association. All appeals to The Board must be submitted by Recorded Delivery letter to the
Secretary of the Scottish Lowland Football League within seven days of the meeting at which the decision appealed against was taken, if the appellant was present at the meeting, or within seven days of the date on which the decision was intimated to the appellant by Recorded Delivery letter if they were not present at the meeting and must be accompanied by an appeal fee of £25 which may at the discretion of The Board be retained. In any dispute or appeal which affects the progress of a cup competition the decision of The Board will be final and binding. These Terms of Reference and Principles shall be subject to the approval of The
Scottish Football Association.
- The administrative affairs of the Under 20 Development League shall be vested in a Sub Committee hereinafter called the Under 20 Development League Sub- Committee. The Sub Committee shall comprise of a member of the Lowland board, the Under 20’s league secretary and 6 other members from any of the Clubs participating in the Under 20 Development League, and be chaired by an Office Bearer of the Scottish Lowland Football League. At least seventy five percent of the Members of the Sub Committee are required to be present to form a quorum and at least fifty percent of those present must represent Member Clubs of the Lowland or East of Scotland or South of Scotland or West of Scotland Football Leagues. Each club participating in the Under 20 Development League must nominate a representative to serve on the Sub Committee and all representatives must be listed on the Board or Committee of the Club which they represent, be that a Lowland or East of Scotland or South of Scotland or West of Scotland league or an invited Club. No Club may have more than one representative at any meeting with the exception of the Club with which the
Chairman is attached but in any event no Club may cast more than one vote should any votes be required. The Chairman shall have no vote, either deliberative or casting, at meetings of the Under 20 Development League Sub Committee. The Sub Committee shall elect from within its membership a Secretary and a Treasurer who shall be responsible for the day to day administrative functions required. The Secretary, Treasurer and Fixture Secretary shall be elected from within the membership of the Development League Sub Committee at a general meeting held prior to the commencement of the season. In addition any matters which require urgent consideration will be referred to an Emergency Committee comprising the Under 20 Development League Secretary, the Under 20 Development League Fixture secretary, the Under 20 Development League Treasurer and two members of The Board of the Scottish
Lowland Football League.
ELIGIBILITY OF PLAYERS
6 6.1 Eligibility
In order to be eligible to participate in the Under 20 Development League players must be registered for the Club for which they intend to play under the terms of the Registration Procedures as laid down by the Scottish Football Association for Non-Recreational Football with the exception of a player playing as a Trialist in accordance with the terms of Clause 6.3 hereunder. The transfer of players and transfer deadlines are governed by the relevant rules of the Lowland/ East of Scotland / South of Scotland/West of Scotland Football Leagues.
6.2 Age Limit
To be eligible to participate in the Under 20 Development League, the following criteria will apply:-
Players must be under 20 years of age on the 1st January 2001. e.g. For season 2020/21 this means players born on or after 1st January 2001..
Up to two over-age players will be allowed to play in the Under 20 Development League or Qualifying League for any club but must be registered in terms of rule 6.1. Over-age players are not allowed to play in the knock out stage of any Cup competition. No Trialist in terms of rule
6.3 is eligible to play in the Under 20 Development League as an overage player. Any over-age player who meets the criteria laid out in rule 6.1. can only be listed on the team sheet for up to six matches in any season including all listed competitions.
6.3 Playing of Players Without Registration
No more than 5 of the players listed on the team sheet of any Club may be trialists in any one Under 20 Development League match or League Cup Section match. Each trialist may be allowed to participate in the Under 20 Development League providing he is otherwise eligible to do so. Any player who plays for a Club on three or more occasions as a trialist will be deemed to be a registered player of that Club and can only play for another Club in the
Lowland/East of Scotland/South of Scotland/West of Scotland Football Leagues under the terms of the current Lowland/East of Scotland/South of Scotland/West of Scotland League rules.
Any club wishing to play a player registered for a club in membership of The Scottish Youth Football Association as a Trialist in the Under 20 Development League must obtain the prior written consent of his club beforehand. These players can play up to a maximum of 12 games in the Under 20 Development League or Qualifying League for any club. They cannot however, play in cup competitions.
All clubs must complete in duplicate the official Under 20’s Development Football League teamlines containing the list of names and dates of birth of all of the players participating and hand to the match referee at least 30 minutes before the scheduled kick-off time. Any player who is a trialist should be clearly marked with the letter “T” on the teamlines and this
should also include their full postal address. Overage players should also be clearly shown on the teamlines and the full name, postal address and date of birth also included . The match referee shall pass one copy of the teamlines to the opposing Club prior to the commencement of the match and submit the top copy to the Under 20 Development League Secretary within four days of the playing of the match.
- All matches in the Under 20 Development League must be played at a ground which has a playing surface and changing accommodation that has been approved and accepted by the Scottish Lowland Football League. Clubs must also ensure that there is a barrier between the playing pitch and spectators, this can be in the form of a permanent barrier or an area for spectators roped off. Failure to comply with this will result in spectators watching the match from outside the playing area (if the pitch is caged off). Clubs will be required to designate the ground for their home matches and this cannot be changed without the prior approval of the Emergency Committee of the Under 20 Development League. In cup ties Clubs may give up their choice of venue to their opponents but in league matches or sectional league cup matches a Club cannot play their home match on their opponents ground.
DAYS OF MATCHES
- The Fixture Secretary shall have power to arrange matches as deemed necessary. Matches will be scheduled for and will normally be played on a Friday night. However, and with the mutual agreement of both Clubs and the Under 20 Development League as hereinafter provided, they may move the date of any match to any date up to the Wednesday of the following week. Any such request should be made to the Fixture Secretary who will then liaise with the Emergency Committee whose decision will be final and binding.
KICK-OFF TIME OF MATCHES
8.1 Matches will kick-off at a time as intimated by the Fixture Secretary. However provided both clubs agree it is permissible to change the kick-off time subject to the approval of the Fixture Secretary. The home club will be responsible for confirming match details to their visitors and the referee at least four days before the match is due to take place.
- Referees shall be appointed by The Scottish Football Association. The match fee and travelling expenses for the referee shall be as per the current East of Scotland Football League rates and will be paid by the home Club. Where Assistant referees are appointed they will be paid the current East of Scotland Football League rate again by the home Club who can then recover half of this from the visitors.
RESPONSIBILITY OF HOME CLUBS
- In the event of the home club not notifying the match referee of any change in the
arrangements for a match or its postponement and they travel to the venue they will be entitled to receive half of their match fee plus expenses from the Home Club.
All Clubs shall be required to appoint an Under 20 Development Co-ordinator who will act as the principal point of contact for all administrative matters relating to the Under 20 Development team. Additionally Clubs should nominate one person to act as a deputy should the Development Co-ordinator be unavailable.
11 All matches shall be played in the terms of the Laws of the Game as recognised by the Scottish Football Association Limited.
LOWLANDS UNDER 20 DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP – Rules as
LOWLANDS UNDER 20 DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP – Rules as
LOWLANDS UNDER 20 DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE CUP – Rules as attached
LOWLANDS UNDER 20 DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE KNOCK OUT CUP – Rules as